Poppies

The month of July is always so full of garden color. My poppies go crazy, and every year there are more and more. They are very good at self seeding themselves. Speaking of seeds, I gather them. Poppy seed are very easy to collect. The top dries up and little holes form at the top. Tip the pod top over and several seed will fall out. So easy, and they are already dry. You can use them in baking, and plant them next year. I love to use my seeds in soapmaking. I pair them with peppermint essential oil, and what a lovely bar that is. Creamy white bars, speckled with poppy seeds. Light and fresh.
There they are, this is one of my favorites at the moment. Very kid friendly also. Pause and enjoy the lovely month of July, and all the garden color it brings. Have a productive and blessed day.

Comments