Merry & Bright


  Hello ~ As this year comes to an end I thought that I would throw in a little holiday cheer.  So this year I found myself starting all over when it came to Christmas, no dusty old box up in the attic.  Which came to be quite refreshing.  Ideas are everywhere ~ But for me I went with silver, white, and pink.  I am just girlie that way, yes I do love vintage!  So spray paint became my new best friend,  I went with a silver metallic first.  Then I sprayed a top coat of rust-oleum silver glitter.  Oh yes glitter makes me smile. First on my list was collecting branches, and spray painting them.  Stuck the ends in a jar full of cranberries, and there it is.  I came across some old vintage silver bulbs, at the thrift store.  Tied them up with vintage lace binding, hung them on the branch, oh so lovely.


Trees, trees, and more trees.  These were incredibly easy peasy to make!  So I bought styrofoam tree at a craft shop.  Covered it with thin white fabric ~ The kind wedding veils and tutus are made out of.  Added a little ribbon, attached it all with push pins, so crazy easy.  Then my little helper added vintage buttons.  Again using push pins.  This is a great way to attach objects to your tree, then next year you can switch it up ~ If you like. 
 
 
So these candle holders were the easiest and cheapest of all!  Ha ~ Who doesn't have a few wine bottles lingering around.  I know I sure do, and this is a great way to recycle them.  Again that spray paint is my new best friend.  The glitter finish on these looks fabulous, if I don't say so myself.  More vintage notions ~ ric rac I love it, glue some on!
 
 
This month has just flown by ~ I can hardly believe that it is almost 2014.  I have been blessed beyond measure in 2013, and its only getting better.  I am truly grateful for all the people in my life, I love you all!  Have a very Merry Christmas and much happiness and fulfillment in 2014!  Namaste.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments