Sweet Valentine Sugar Cookies


So its February ~ I can't get over it!  That oh so sweet holiday is almost here.  So I decided to whip up a little goodness with my valentines.  Sugar cookie recipes are everywhere, but this is the one that I like.  It seems to make the perfect amount.

1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Milk
3 Cups Flour
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

I use my kitchen aid, to whip all the wet ingredients. Until its light and fluffy, then slowly add the dry ingredients.  After they are mixed I divide into two portions, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least two hours.


Time to roll the dough out, I like to use powdered sugar instead of flour.  It works great, and its a nice touch. Preheat that oven, 375.  Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or so. 


It is so important to share these sweet moments with people we love.  Get everyone involved, listen to your favorite music. While these cookies are baking and cooling, time to create the frosting.  Ahh yes the best part, I personally make cream cheese frosting.  Its so easy, and quite delicious.


1 Package Cream Cheese
1 Stick Butter
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

I mix that up really well!  Place the frosting in two bowls, and color how you like.  I kept one white, and added food coloring to make one red. Don't forget the sprinkles. Everything is better with sprinkles, right. Kids love to decorate!


So there you have it!  Sweet Valentine Cookies to get us in the mood for that lovely holiday coming up! Creativity through food is really something else, and passing it along to the next generation is a wonderful thing.  Happy Valentines Day! 



Comments