Egg Bath Bombs + Happy Easter



easter egg bath bombs


Hello Spring + so happy you have arrived.  Easter is right around the corner, and this is a perfect little project.  I am a little over it with tons of candy, its time to come up with some other ways of celebration.  I've been wanting to make bath bombs for a long time, and plastic eggs are the perfect mold for them. I have researched  several different recipes off of Pinterest, blogs, and magazines.  This is what I ended up putting together, and it worked well.


Bath Bomb Recipe


                     1 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
                      3/4 Cup Citric Acid
                3/4 Cup Sea Salt or Epsom Salt
                       3/4 Cup Cornstarch
                    2 Teaspoons Essential Oil
           3 Tablespoons Witch Hazel or 2 Tablespoon Oil 
                       2 Tablespoon Water
                    Food Coloring (optional)




I started by mixing all the dry ingredients, into a bowl. Did want to mention for local folks, I bought my citric acid at Heavens Peak Organics, in the bulk section. Then I mixed all the liquids into a spray bottle.  I liked the witch hazel mixture better + 3 T witch hazel astringent + 2 T water + essential oil + food coloring.  Now if you don't have witch hazel, and don't want to purchase some, you can mix 2 T oil (light like apricot, avocado, or almond) 3 T water + essential oil + food coloring.  This worked well, I tried them both.  Did like the witch hazel better, its worth buying.  I also like to put witch hazel, tea tree + grapefruit essential oil + water in a spray bottle.  Its really nice on your face before moisturizer.


Wisk the dry ingredients, and spray the liquid continually.  You want to moisten, but not over do it.  That is why you use the spray bottle, it keeps the citric acid from foaming up too much.  You want it to form together in your hand, but not stick or crumble too much.  It still will crumble a little.  Now its time to form it into plastic easter eggs.



Now I did try to make a full egg, by closing the egg shut.  However I was unable to make the eggs stay together this way.  So I just used the top half of the egg as a mold.  Which makes a perfect size bath bomb, by the way.  If the mixture seems to dry out a little just give it a few sprays, if your spray bottle runs low, just add a little water.  Now for this recipe I used lavender essential oil, and I also added lavender flowers to the dry mix.


Miss Josephine herself, showed up just in time to mold eggs.  She was loving the spring weather, and playing outside.



Now I want to talk a little about the packaging.  I cut regular egg cartons in half, because a six pack of bombs seemed like a perfect little easter gift.  Then I spray painted them pink.  Put in a little pink paper easter grass.  But by all means mess around with different colors.


This made 24 bath bombs. I ended up with three packs that can be gifts, and we have one ourselves.  Both kids have already used them, and I got a thumbs up.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend, full to the brim with good things.  Happy Easter.  If you would like to stay connected,  its easy to sign up with email Subscribe Here or follow on Instagram. Namaste






Comments

Post a Comment