Cottonwood Bud Salve + Balm of Gilead + Healing Ointment


I am so so happy, that this happened.  First off I had a most wonderful weekend, complete with some much needed family time, yoga with my fav, and time also for Simply Josephine.  I accomplished a huge batch of salve, 61 2 oz jars to be exact.  I was shooting for the full moon in scorpio for the final process in salve making, but that didn't happen.  I was a day late, but hell the show must go on.  This post is mostly going to be a photo journal, of my process.  I have already shared this recipe in a past post, which you can read more about here How to Make Cottonwood Bud Salve.  I am so excited to get out there and gather plant medicine, after winter.  There is always so much to look forward to in spring.  This year I brought the spawn along, to help.  The collection day was lovely.








We picked the afternoon away, when we came home.  I placed the buds in a clean glass jar, and filled it with olive oil.  Really good organic olive oil.



And then there it will sit for about a month.  I love to see it turn to a dark dark shade of purplish red.  There is about a two week difference between these two pictures.


Then finally, I was ready to make this happen.  


Ingredients : Solar infusion of cottonwood buds in olive oil, coconut oil, and local beeswax. 


Straining the oil, is the first step. Then I heat the oil, mixed with coconut oil, until melted, and then some.  I melt the beeswax in a separate pan.  Combine the two, and stir, as it cools.


Pour into the jars and ta~da, there it is. 


I am so looking forward to the summer season, as far as vending goes.  I have a great line up, and this salve will be available until gone at various fairs and markets I attend.  Otherwise it can be purchased directly from my website, shipping included, right here: Cottonwood Bud Salve Stay connected and follow me on Instagram  This salve makes a wonderful neosporin alternative, great for sunburns, anitseptic, anti inflamitory, and pain releif.  Have a fabulous evening filled with peace and those you love.  Namaste







Comments

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog, love your photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was a fun process. I really loved documenting it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I am wanting to make this and was going to go get some cottonwood buds today, but was wondering if there was a better moon cycle to harvest buds? The full Scorpio moon is in a week. Do I wait until then or is any day leading up to it fine? I know this is 4 years past your post, but maybe you'll see this comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment