A New Year Theme ~ Rather than a Resolution



Hello Everyone ~ I am so excited to see what 2015 will bring us!  Which has me thinking of New Year Resolutions, and why you should give them up.  We don't need anymore reasons to be mean to ourselves.  Its a set up for disappointment, if you ask me.  I actually have never made a resolution, the concept always seemed strange to me.  I am however all about lifestyle changes, at any point in the year.  Start small, keep it simple.  Its a whole year, lots of time to find out what works and what doesn't.  Like take losing weight, that is usually a big resolution.  Rather than saying okay, I want to lose 20 pounds.  Think of it in terms of, I want to feel healthy and strong.  Make it an affirmation, simply state what you want to be or feel. Go from there, make it a theme.  After all a theme is just a unified idea, as in a work of art.


I'm going to start this tale way back in December of 2011, I was 32 years old.  I really liked the idea of picking a theme for the year, I don't know how it happened, it just did.  I was sitting in my favorite spot in the house, and I said to myself I need a year of change.  I at that time didn't know what that was, just that it had to happen.  My situation, living situation had to change.  I would think of that from time to time.  Just be, and reflect year of change over and over in my head.  Action on this didn't take place until July, but everything and everybody plays a part. Moving forward to the end of 2012, I thought wow maybe I will make this a thing.  Time to ponder on what will be next, intention, living with intention.  Year of rebuilding, was next.  After the tower comes crashing down, one must rebuild.

 
From time to time throughout the year, think of your theme.  What it is you want to change, focus on it really clearly.  Keep coming back to it.  Often I would think of the rebuilding process, rebuilding my life and my home to serve purpose.  Which now brings us to a year ago.  2013 was coming to an end, and it was time to choose again.  Now that some of the hard stuff was out of the way, I could pick something really good.  And so it was, year of fulfillment.  I was ready to have completion in all aspects of my life.  Realization as a parent, a friend, and partner.  I am full to the top, and when that happens.  You have lots to spare, share who you are.  I'm not saying that life doesn't throw me shit from time to time, because it does.  It will continue too, but we get to choose how to deal with it. 
 
 
 
So it is that another year has passed us.  I look forward to all the sweetness, bittersweet, challenges, and obstacles that may present themselves.  Year of Creative Prosperity is what I am going with.  Its my story and I'm sticking to it.  I want everyone to be able to make lasting change for themselves, we need more happy people.  Find your theme, and be your change.  Namaste.


Comments

  1. Fabulous as always...you are such an important inspiration to me. ..and, to many. Please keep up the great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Val ~ I learned so much from you, in our little summer together in Stryker.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment