Pumpkin Spice Face Scrub


Pumpkin is everywhere!!! Like most people I love it, pumpkin anything.  Always in the fall I start using a lot of it.  The kids are crazy about pumpkin waffles, and I also make a really good pumpkin smoothie.  Often when you open up a can you don't use it all at one time.  So this recipe is a great way to nourish your skin, and also create something delicious in the kitchen.  Our skin absorbs everything we put on it, so its nice to know exactly what you are using.  And in this case, you probably have all these ingredients in your pantry.


1/2 Cup Pumpkin
2 Tablespoons Raw Honey
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/4 Ground Oatmeal


Now of course I just eyeballed it, so feel free to experiment.  I want to talk a little about the ground oatmeal.  At our local thrift store, I bought a coffee grinder, and cleaned it really well.  This is now my food grinder.  It works really well for making oat flour.  I grind oatmeal all the time for food recipes, additives to my soaps, and so on.  I find it extremely useful.



You can use this all over too, that is what I did.  I prefer to use up what I make all at once.  Because these non preservative creations, don't have a shelf life.  So ta~da, here it is.  Your skin will really like this.  I have a little notebook, that I pack around, and I write down recipes or ideas.  This helps me to keep them all in one location.  Well I hope you all enjoy what is left of fall.  Check out my facebook page, if you would like to stay connected  Simply Josephine





Comments

  1. Thanks Dacia! This just what I need.....love your headstand at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment