Herbal Oil Pulling Recipe



Have you heard of or even tried oil pulling? Chances are you have. Over the past year I tried it here and there, but never consistently.  However sometime in November I started and now its part of my routine.......I love it!  Oil pulling has been around for thousands of years, originally starting in India, I believe.  Its been a bit of a craze lately, and I could see if you were hesitant to try it.  I mean its great and all, but it won't save your life.  I do it because it makes my mouth feel super clean, and my teeth shiny.  Also I feel it does have some of the detoxification benefits, as claimed. I do not partake in whitening strips, fluoride toothpaste, or other toxic shit like that.  So naturally this was appealing to me.  And like anything I do, I researched from an herbal standpoint.  This is what I came up with.....


Traditionally oil pulling was done with sesame oil, because that's what was available to them at the time.  Coconut oil has gained quite a bit of popularity lately, in the oil pulling process.  I decided to use a mixture, of these two oils for the base.  They go perfectly together.  

3/4 Cup Coconut Oil
3/4 Cup Sesame Oil

+ ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ +

4 T Dried Licorice Root
4 T Dried Tulsi ~ Holy Basil
2 T Fresh Ginger

+ ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ +

Tea Tree Essential Oil
Clove Essentail Oil



Add the herbs and base oils, to a pot, place on low heat.



Allow this to cook on low for 4-6 hours.  I just put mine on in the afternoon, and went about my business.  Stirring sometimes as I walk by.  Don't let it boil, the herbs might burn to the bottom of the pan.  Let the pan sit on the counter over night.


The next morning, strain the oil, and discard the herbs.


I used and old canning jar, but use what ever you have available.  After the oil is in its container put in as much or as little essential oil, as you like. I went with probably like a teaspoon of tea tree, and a 1/2 teaspoon of clove.  If you put in too much, just add some melted coconut oil, or sesame oil, to thin it down some. 


After I put the jar in my bathroom, it did solidify, a little bit.  However I live in a drafty 100 year old house in Montana, so depending on where you are, it may or may not solidify somewhat.  Its still very soft.  Simply place about one tablespoon of oil in your mouth, and swish back and forth.  The longer you do this the better, working your way up to 20 minutes. If you only have 10 minutes for oil pulling, well that is better than not doing it at all.  I don't always go for that long myself, sometimes you must just get on your way. Once you incorporate this into your health habits, you will love the way your mouth feels.  So they say it takes 21 days to make something a habit....good or bad.  I think that may be why there are 21 day challenges and 21 day programs.  With that said, make yourself some delicious oil, and start doing this everyday.  You will be happy you did, and once again its all good stuff, you know what you are putting into your body.  If you would like to stay connected check out my Facebook Page or follow me on Instagram.  Have a wonderful productive happy day. Namaste.




Comments

  1. Oil pulling is good for health. It is useful for immunity boosting also. You must try Cureveda oil pulling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment