Amazing Green Smoothie

 
Hello There ~ We are now into January, I can hardly believe it. Today I am going to share with you, my green smoothie.  I love this, its a perfect way to start your day, after coffee of course.  I usually have a little piece of toast with almond butter on it too.  Then you are good, like all day.  The energy you get from this is soooooo fabulous.  Its also full of all kinds of fuel, that we need.  Starting with the ingredients:



1 1/2 to 2 cups spinach

1 banana

1 to 2 Tablespoons chia seeds

1 Tablespoon powdered greens

1 Tablespoon coconut oil

1 Tablespoon hemp seeds or brewers yeast

3/4 cups kefir ~ I like the vanilla kind

1 to 1 1/2 cups coconut milk


Place all the ingredients in a blender and Ta~Da, you have a delicious meal.  So full of nutrients, you will feel energized.  First off I want to say that, all of the ingredients can be modified, improvised, or just left out.  Like take the kefir, some of you may never have even heard of it.  Kefir is kind of like a liquid yogurt, and you can find it in most health food stores.  I get mine at Heavens Peak, a lovely store.  We are so blessed to have such a nice health food store.  If you are in the area you should check it out.  http://www.visitnwmontana.com/organic-foods/heavens-peak-organics.html  In fact almost all of these items can be found there or anywhere for that matter.  You can easily substitute yogurt for kefir, other fruit for the banana, ect.


These are chia seeds, so nutritious.  They are packed with Omega-3, protein, antioxidants, and fiber.  So this is one ingredient you want to make sure you always have for your smoothie. Costco has the best deal right now on organic chia seeds.


Well I guess I will leave you, this keeps me going all day.  We are all so busy, this is a nice little thing you can do for your body.  Its yours.  If you are interested is seeing what I do, or staying connected, check out my page, you can link from there to all I do.  http://www.visitnwmontana.com/gifts/simply-josephine.html  Have a very blessed, energized, and productive week.......Namaste.

Comments