Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal


Oatmeal is the perfect winter food, and there are so many ways to prepare it.  Lately I have been loving coconut and peanut butter together.  Its a fabulous combination, and full of fuel for your body.  Warm and hearty on a cold day, although I must say our weather lately has been spring like.  Its Montana so, it will change soon.  Winter will re appear. 



Moving on to the ingredients ~ I use steel cut oats, I think they taste way better.  Although most oats are good, they are not all created equal.  I suggest you try them, if you haven't already.  The only downfall, is that they take longer to cook, but they are worth it.  Start with your regular water / oat ration, I use a little more water.  When it boils pour the oats in and turn down to a simmer.  Stirring as you run by, on your way to do other things.  I am very happy with oats from https://www.azurestandard.com/ 


While the oats are cooking I chop the nuts.  Peanuts are really good, so are walnuts.  I place in a large bowl:

1-2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup or other sweetener, this is optional
1/4 cup raw shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped nuts

When the oats are done cooking, about 20 minutes at a simmer.  Pour hot over all other ingredients in the bowl, and mix.  So so yummy.  It pairs well with orange juice.  These ingredients can be found anywhere, most stores carry these ingredients.  If you are local the Feed Bin is a great place to find these items, check out their page  http://www.visitnwmontana.com/farm-and-ranch-supplies/the-feed-bin.html  This breakfast is also perfect for brunch, and you are good to go all day.  Powered by protein, healthy fats, and fiber.  Ready to take on winter.



Well I guess thats about it, our time together is coming to an end.  If you like what I do stay connected http://www.visitnwmontana.com/gifts/simply-josephine.html  or you can stop by my etsy shop anytime  https://www.etsy.com/shop/MadebyDacia  Have a peaceful day, remember winter is a time to restore ourselves.  Take it easy, relax, eat some oatmeal.  Namaste.
 




Comments

  1. Nice article, Dacia. I don't eat oatmeal, but it looks like a great recipe for those who do. Seeing your skiing photo makes me ready to get back out there again. Our snow on the Bitterroot Valley floor is gone (currently like spring here as it is for you), so we gotta go to the snow to x-c ski right now. If things are somewhat normal this year, we should get some dumpings of snow in February still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yes winter can't be over yet, although I must say I am enjoying more daylight. At least I got a few good skies in, glad for that.

      Delete

Post a Comment