Ocean Hair + Sea Salt Spray


Sea Salt Spray ~ The ultimate in mermaid locks = fabulous beach waves.  Well here I sit ringing in the New Year, talking about ocean hair.  Its a little pick me up for your winter hair, which by the way there are a ton of DIY salt sprays out there.  I however was looking to create a very simple, no shit ingredient one.  This is what I came up with.

1 Cup tea ~ Chamomile + Rose Hip
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoon epsom salt
1 teaspoon aloe vera gel + strait from the plant
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon almond oil
essential oil of choice


So lets talk tea ~ Chamomile is always a nice choice, its relaxing, plus it naturally lightens your hair.  Its also quite cheap, for those who don't wildcraft. Good alternatives are lavender, or nettle.  I also went for the rose hips, because I had them.  My daughter picked them this past fall, so I thought I better put them to use.


While your tea is brewing, harvest a little aloe vera.  This is what it looks like, and if you don't have one in your home, you should get one.  So useful. The next step is putting the salts, and oils in a bowl, and locate a wisk.


I strain the tea ~ still hot into a measuring cup, and slowly add it to the bowl of salts and such.  Making sure to wisk well.


After all the oil has melted, and salts have dissolved, add the essential oil.  Again its a personal thing, I went with grapefruit.  Its refreshing, light, and blends well with others.  You might want to keep that in mind when picking partners too.  Pour into a spray bottle, and shake well.  I like to use high quality reusable glass bottles.  When you take in the cost of making this product, go ahead and splurge on nice reusable containers, you are so worth it. Plus you aren't creating any garbage, another great reason to make your own products.  I always add crystals to my spray products, even the cleaning supplies, that I make.  They raise the vibration of the liquid, always a good thing.  To this I added a Tibetan Black Quartz for purification.  Its helps to balance ones chakras, clear and energize the aura.  It helps to allow positive vibration to penetrate the auric field.  Yeah Baby ~ Who doesn't want a little help there!  But feel free to use any crystal or stone you are drawn too.  Sun kissed ~ Beach Hair.  Salt Spray is great for oily hair, it naturally pulls out oil.   I prefer to spray on wet hair, before I even get out of the shower or bath.  Then wrap a towel around my hair, for a bit. I scrunch my damp sea salty hair, and let it dry naturally. Well do you think you might need an apron to go with this project?


I make several, swing on by my Etsy Shop, sea what is available.  Also a great way to stay connected is through facebook, Simply Josephine.  Or follow me on instagram @simply josephine......Holy Moly it's midnight, fireworks like crazy.  What a fabulous year this has been, quite fulfilling I must say.  Where was I a year ago? Check out a past blog post, A New Year Theme ~ Rather than a Resolution . It was a good little read.  I wish you all the best version of yourselves, in the coming year + years. And may you be well. Namaste.







Comments