Pumpkin Granola + It's Giftable



Wow ~ Its the week of Christmas......I can hardly believe it!  Do you love granola, I sure do.  And I've been making it for quite some time. Love to try different kinds however I usually end up using what I have on hand.  That is how this recipe came about.  The whole pumpkin thing has gotten out of control, but that is okay with me.  Lets just keep it rolling around into winter.  This makes a great gift, if you need a little something for co-workers, or filling up your baskets.  This won't take long, and its so damn good.



4 C Oats
1 C Walnuts + Chopped
1/2 C Wheat Germ
1/2 C Sesame Seeds
1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
1/2 C Coconut Oil
1 C Maple Syrup
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1 C Raw Coconut
1 C Raisins
Sea Salt

I grind 1 Cup of the oats, in a coffee grinder.  It makes oat flour, and that helps to bind everything together.  In a large bowl, I mix the oats, ground oats, walnuts, wheat germ, and seeds. 

   
In a pan on the stove I heat the oil, and pumpkin.  Slowly add the maple syrup, and spices.  Bring almost to a boil.  Then add hot to the oat mixture, and mix well.  Coating all the oats, they will start to clump together.



I put it all in a well greased pan, and place in oven.  350 degrees.  I bake it for about 20 minutes, then add the coconut.  Other wise the coconut will be over toasted. Also make sure you are turning your granola over every 10 minutes or so, so it doesn't burn. Bake another 20 minutes, with the coconut.  And ta-da, its done!


Once you take it out of the oven, stir in the raisins, and sprinkle well with sea salt.  I scooped mine into canning jars, and decorated them.  That was a lot of fun, making them festive and all.


This recipe makes about six pint jars. But you should make sure you keep some for yourself.  Its so lovely with cold milk, or good yogurt.  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and wonderfully blessed New Year! Namaste....



Comments

  1. Sounds delicious, thinking about making some now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Mum ~ Its so good, and a nice alternative to all the Christmas goodies. Which are nice too, its good to switch it up.

      Delete
  2. I am so going to make this! it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I had a lot of fun with this one, and your cuff looked so cute. Had to snap a shot of that too. Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Post a Comment