Harvest Decoration ~ A Creative Fall

 
Happy Fall ~ and all that! I am so excited about this season, it truly is my favorite time of the year.  This fall in our little corner of Montana, has been nothing shy of fabulous.  Day after day of perfect weather.  It feels so good to have a fire in the stove at night, just sort of brings out the domestic muse.  This part of us that has been sleeping, due to summer.  I am a very creative person year round, however there are times when I am more domestic than others.  The desire to cook and feed souls, only comes when I am feeling the love.  Decorating the house does in fact, feed my soul.  Plus its a great way to clean.  Your home often needs a good scrubbing after all the chaos of summer.  I've also been in a little bit of pitch this shit mode too.



Whoever said diamonds were a girls best friend, never encountered spray paint.  Now that's where its at.  I washed and peeled the labels of off some wine bottles.  Spray painted them with black gloss, very nice I might add.  Then I put some Halloween labels on them.  Super easy and fun, kids love to spray paint by the way.  Great Halloween decoration.  Then I went out in the yard, found some nice branches and spray painted them too.  Well Miss Josephine herself helped.  By now she figured out that spray paint was FUN!  I stretched some spider web, around the branch, and added a few spiders.  Spiders from the Pantry, and the labels were from Eureka Gift, something like that.  The office supply store, in our lovely leetle town Eureka, Montana.


The bats hanging in the window are cut out of black poster board, with clothes pins glued to the backs.  You can clip them anywhere, I like to hang mine from the window. Banners, oh how I love banners.  I make them, and they are for sale.  Swing on by my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SimplyJosephine for updates.  I'm pretty good about keeping the current situation posted.  And banners are often current.  I am a huge fan of lighting.....I love strings of lights.  Also something I have year round.  They just sort of fit the mood.  Those beautiful pumpkins I scored at the farmers market.

 
Life just wouldn't be complete without pumpkin cinnamon rolls.  Its almost like this switch was turned on inside me, and now I want to cook.  And cook healthy delicious things.  It will pass I'm sure, but for now I'm going to ride this wave to the fullest.  Pure domestic goodness, clean decorated house, food, and aprons of course.
 
 
Love this Halloween fabric, made a few aprons.  I have some half aprons, and some full size.  They are so fun and festive.  Perfect for whatever you may be doing. Cleaning, cooking, decorating, or just connecting with your inner goddess. https://www.etsy.com/listing/251035265/halloween-half-apron I wish you all the best fall ever. So full of good food, scary creatures, and people you love laughing. Create your circle, and then sit down and enjoy it.  These lovely sunflowers, I grew in my garden.  Until next time....Namaste.
 
 

 


Comments