Sugar Salt Scrubs ~ Are Delightfully Easy to Make


Hello There Everyone! I have been having such a lovely fall, full of good things.  Its been day after day of pure sweetness.  Today I'm going to share, a little of that.  Salt scrubs are such a nice addition to your bathing ritual.  I make mine as I go along, whipping up just enough for that particular bath.  Our skin absorbs everything we put on it, so whatever you are using, make sure its good.  In fact I would go into the bathroom right now and pitch everything that has a long list of ingredients, especially ingredients you can't pronounce. Its so nice to make your own too, because it can be whatever you are in the mood for.


The ingredients are very simple, yes I do love simple.  Salt, sugar, oil, and whatever other natural ingredients you may like.  And the recipe is basically, 1 part of each, and a few drops of essential oil.  Ta ~ Da, it takes longer to run the bath.  So for one batch I use a heaping 1/4 cup, of each. 


I like to use sea salt, a great local source for that is the Feed Bin and any salt will do of course.  You can also find some nice natural sugars out there as well.  Oil again is personal preference.......I LOVE almond oil.  But avocado oil is super nice too.  I've made it with olive oil as well.  Mix it all together, to the consistency you like.  Sometimes I end up adding a little more oil.  Lately I've also been adding lavender flowers to it.


Essential oils are wonderful, and I encourage you to experiment.  Lately myself I've been into Lavender, Sweet Orange, and Ylang Ylang.  The combination of these three is wonderful.  Heaven's Peak has a great selection of essential oils.  You of course can use fragrance oils, but for me personally I don't.  Its just not my thing. 



You can try just about anything in this, my stepmom likes to use powdered ginger in her scrubs too.  So if you think it, try it.  Your skin will thank you.  Scrubbing away the older layer of skin, makes way for the fresh new layer to take over. Not to mention what this does for your circulation.  Soft and hydrated skin, is pretty damn touchable, and touchable is a good thing.  I am Dacia, creating soaps and aprons, under the big sky.  Stay connected through my facebook page, if you like. Simply Josephine I do also have an etsy shop that is usually full of my latest creations.  Etsy Shop ~ MadebyDacia  Have a fabulous day, and a wonderful time creating new scrubs for yourself, and those you love........Namaste

Comments

  1. Lovely Dacia! And you always look amazing so it must really work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment