Plum Jam ~ No Pectin Recipe


I don't know how many of you guys, make your own jam, but I recently made some.  So I'm sharing the experience.  I am really focusing on eliminating the shit food, from our diet.  And jam is one of those things, that can be loaded with crap.  Kids love jam, so why not create something with love, for your family to enjoy.  Its always rewarding to preserve the harvest, inner farmgirl stuff.  So back to these lovely plums, the first thing I did was chop them in half, and pit them.


Simple enough, I would say.  I had 5 pounds of plums, so this went pretty quick.  All this recipe consists of is plums, and sugar.  To 5 pounds of plums, I used three cups of sugar.  After they were cut in half, I sprinkled the sugar over them, and let them sit at room temperature. 
 

After they sat on the counter for a few hours, I put them all in a big pot, and brought them to a boil.  Letting it simmer for a little while, stirring sometimes, as I walk by.  Don't let it get too hot though.  Then I turned it off, and let it sit there cooling completely.  The wonderful thing about this method of jam making is, there is not a time frame. You simply bring the jam to a slow boil, cook for a little while, stir, then let it cool.  I did this for two days.  Just left the pot on the stove. Heating the jam maybe like three times each day, at my convenience.  Ta ~ Da it just turns to jam on its own. Its a beautiful thing.

   
 It gets even easier,  I poured the jam into clean glass canning jars. Not filled to full, and put them in the freezer.  Since I like things to look pretty, I used a lid as a template, and cut out pretty paper.  Put the paper down on top of the lid, and screw the band down.  Looks lovely, you can even be festive with this.

 
Well I guess its safe to say, that this jam pretty much makes itself.  With only two ingredients.  So you can get on to bigger and better thing.  Like riding your bike down to Pigeon Bridge, that's what I've been into now that its fall.
 
 
I want you all to have a wonderful day, enjoying all that it has to offer.  Maybe make a little jam with a lota love.  If you want to stay connected, visit my facebook page SimplyJosephine.  Or swing on by my shop Etsy Shop MadebyDacia.  Namaste

Comments