What A Fabulous Summer ~ It Was....


Hello Hello ~ How long it has been.  I feel as though its been forever, going to start with a little recap of my summer.  What a wonderful summer it was, but man alive did it fly by.  June was a little warmer than usual, and not as wet, however it was green for a  while anyway. Started June off with a few farmers markets, just local ones here in Eureka.  I love the fact that I can walk to the market from my house, so even if I'm not a vendor, I can always be a shopper.  We had some great vendors this year, I LOVE to see this market grow.  I look forward to what next year will bring... 

 
At the end of June, we all flew to Wrangell, Alaska.  A fabulous little town, in Southeast.  http://www.wrangellchamber.org/  I had the opportunity to attend a few markets there.  One was called the community market https://www.facebook.com/WrangellCommunityMarket I had so much fun, and sold almost everything I brought.  Big plans big plans for next year, already.  Thank You Wrangell!  We also did a lot of playing, beach combing, fishing, and berry picking.  Cooking and hanging out where I grew up.  It was paradise.


 

We did have to leave, it was reality.  Left a cool, wet, green Alaska for our lovely home in Montana.  Which was hot and dry by now.  But as always soooooo good to be home.  Also wonderful to have a complete sell out, time to get busy in my little sweat shop.  I was super busy upon our return.  I had to create a whole new inventory in three weeks, plus I also had several custom orders to fill for the Wrangell people.  The next event was the Eureka Quilt Show, and what an event that was.  So fun indeed, lots of people, good food, and quilts everywhere.  http://www.eurekaquiltshow.com/  I always seem to do well at the quilt show, and how can you go wrong when you don't even have to drive your car.  I was hesitant to attend at first, thinking it might be like trying to sell ice to an eskimo.  But the support is there.  They like my creations, and as always I did very well.

 

August was off with a bang ~ And it was time to think about the fair.  The Lincoln County Fair, also going on right here in Eureka!
First off let me state that I was not really a fair person, growing up on an island in Alaska, one just doesn't go to the fair.  So by the time I was an adult, the whole fair thing seemed a little creepy to me.  But I did get over that, thank god, it was fun!  It was a three day event, full of good people, fabulous food, and best of all Miss Josephine herself got to spend the entire fair with her Grandparents, real fair people to say the least.  All was taken care of, I was able to relax, catch up with local people, and meet some new ones.  http://lcfairmontana.com/


Then along came ~ the fires.  We had a very active fire season, to put it lightly.  I guess that's all I'm going to say about that, we came through on the other side.  And what a beautiful other side it is ~ Fall is full on now. I hope you all have a domestically fabulous fall, I sure am.  Namaste.




Comments

  1. Always love your posts. You're a natural writer. What a great summary of summer. Here's to a beautiful fall :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ~ and what a fall it has been. Keeps getting better, and before we know it we will be skiing! Yay!

      Delete

Post a Comment